Need opnions!!General

Last Updated:

1. Ray.

Ray. Active Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys and gals.. i got a question though i did search the forum for the info i was looking for but didnt find it. i have a eris 2.1v2.. its a refurb cause the 1st one i had didnt work at all. so for the past 3 weeks now my speaker on the ear piece started to make this "crackle" noise every time someone talks to me.. so im thinking that the speaker is maybe busted? so i call customer service and they walk me though some steps.. and even a factory reset. nothing worked. not once did they ask me what OS im one =p so the nice lady said she is going to send me a replacement. its suppose to be here tomorrow. now the question im want to ask is that do any of all think they will kick back my phone back to me since i have a leak verison? even though this has nothing to do with a OS issue? i know i have 10 days to return the old phone. or do you guys think i should just keep it and see what happens? i didnt go through aussin or whatever im still under my 1yr warranty. all thoughts would be appericated.

Advertisement
  2. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

No one can say for sure but most have sent back phones with no issues.

3. Ray.

Ray. Active Member This Topic's Starter

really? i cant seem to find a thread that have said that? i looked through 30 threads... can you post them for me thanks!

4. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member

I'm not sure which threads they are in, but I too have read a few others who have exchanged/returned their's with the 2.1 on it without any problems. It's a hardware issue not a software issue, so the OS wouldn't affect that. Just tell them that's the way the phone was when you got it.

5. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Even if you were to read it in a thread here, that doesn't necessarily make it so (eris to 2.x when??). Ultimately you're not going to know the answer until you send your defective phone back, regardless of what you may or may not read here.

6. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Edit: double post.

7. byteware

byteware Well-Known Member

My opinion, give it a try.

Since it's a hardware issue, they will likely never even look at what software is installed.