Need remedial navigation help, pleaseSupport

Last Updated:

1. susandennis

susandennis Member This Topic's Starter

I am missing some steps or doing it wrong, but my path from name-of-place to directions-to-place has a couple of really silly potholes I'd like to fill.

Scenario:
    I'm at home and a friend twitters 'meet me at xxx at 5'
    I highlight xxx and right mouse click selecting google search.
    It pops up in a google map complete with all the info I need.
    Then I click on my Chrome to Phone icon and the page appears on my phone

Here's where it starts to break down. The page comes up nicely in Google maps on my phone but I have to use it then or lose it and have to re-enter the info which does not seem right.

Can't I save it somewhere? If so how/where?

If I click on Directions, it makes me enter My Location and End Point. I can click on the book mark thing and tell it to use my current location.

But, how do I get it to use the End Point that is right there on the screen? Again, re-entering the info seems like it's not the right answer.

Both of these things seem like they should be easy but I'll be darned if I can figure them out. I'm hoping someone smarter has cracked the case and will share.

Advertisement
  2. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

haven't you tried going to google maps, and long press on search and then select paste?

If that doesn't work, try highlighting the address again, then instead of going to google maps, just send to phone. This should go to your clipboard. So unless you copied anything on your phone, it will remain there, and all you need to do is open google maps and long press on the search field, then select paste.

susandennis likes this.
  3. susandennis

susandennis Member This Topic's Starter

THAT'S It!!!!! When I long press the pinpointed location on the map, I get the options I need. Thank you!!!

Once I get the map on the phone, then I long press the pinpoint and select Share This Place. Then from the list provided, I select Catch (my 'notepad'), and it is saved.

When I'm ready to go, I open Catch, click on the link, select Open with Maps, long press the pinpoint again and pick navigation and then get to pick driving or walking.

Both potholes filled!

THANK YOU!

4. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Glad to be of help. Happy navigating. :)