need root help

Last Updated:

1. TrustNYC

TrustNYC Member This Topic's Starter

my phone stays on motorola symbol, but i can get on to clockworkrecovery what can i do

Advertisement
  2. Sele

Sele Well-Known Member

If you have just changed kernels, that is probably the issue, reboot back into recovery and flash a different kernel. If you don't have a different one you may have to flash the entire rom again.
    Of course, if you did a nandroid backup, reboot into recovery and restore the backup.

3. TrustNYC

i forgot to do nanodroid recovery it happened after i tried to change to cyanogen rom5.0.8

4. GideonX

GideonX Guest

What rom did you have before? Try just reloading that via recovery without wiping your data.

5. TrustNYC

i was rooted stock 2.2 and tried to get cyanogen5.0.8 i forgot to back up and did wipe now phone is stuck on motorola logo, but i can go into clockwork recovery

6. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

put a rom on sd card manually by removing sd card and putting into computer. Make sure you put it onto the root of the sd card. Not into a folder. Put the sd card back into phone. install via recovery.

7. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

if you didnt wipe data and cache then I suggest doing that. CM 5.0.8 is a 2.1 rom you cant go from 2.2 to 2.1 without wiping

8. TrustNYC

i wiped data and cache, can i still put a rom on sd card and ifso which one and where can i get it also how do i do it?

9. TrustNYC

found a rom in clockwork and now phone is working but its running on 2.1 and not froyo, and on cyanogen 5.0.8 and with no market whats a better rom and how do i get market back

10. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member

Trust...I'm using LFY 1.4. It's 2.2, runs FAST and SMOOTH. And just installing it (wipe data first!) should get your market issue fixed :)

11. TrustNYC

I am running lfy 1.4 now but I still have no market. How do I get market? Also how do I change theme?