Need Rooting help

Last Updated:

1. overkill

overkill New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm an Android noob and I got my Captivate today. I am also kind of a computer noob so bear with me. I downloaded the correct drivers (I think). I am following instructions from this page http://androidforums.com/captivate-all-things-root/120616-captivate-root.html

I renamed the file update.zip and everything. When I reboot my phone and select reinstall packages I get an error that says it could not be found or something similar. I can't remember. Can someone tell me whats causing this problem? thanks.

Also I apparently can't add any more files to my phone. When I click mount it doesn't do anything. And when its in idle mode with that icon it keeps refreshing and spazzing. I want to reset everything how its been but I can't since it won't let me delete the update.zip file. please help

Advertisement
  2. voodooochild

voodooochild Well-Known Member

i dont know why it should spaz out your phone, but did you make sure to put the update.zip file on the root of the internal SD card, what i mean by that is not in a folder but on its own?

From what i understand you put the phone into recovery mode and select the update.zip from the list you get and it does the rest.

A few more details to why you cant put anything more on to it?
    from what i understand you connect it to the pc, pull down the notification from the top and click usb and mount that nothing happens?

Not sure on this one, perhaps put your phone into debugging which you can find in settings>applications>developement and plug it inagain see if anything happens. If not the solution i had when i had this issue was to turn the phone off and THEN plug it in, a few drivers should install and once thats done, unplug the phone turn it on and plug it in again, and try mounting it again.