• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need script control and online data cleaner for safe online surfing

Stringfellow

Jul 27, 2010
When surfing with my PC, I rarely see ads anymore because I use NoScript in Firefox, and I also have a firefox add-on for the quick scrubbing of cookies, files, and history. Maybe then I shouldn't have bought a system controlled by Google, which spies on it's users every time they do a search, but I'm hoping that some privacy-concious app developers have found a way to put this sort of control in the hands of Android users too.

I would think a lot of first-time smartphone users had an eye-opener the first time they ever visited a site where they got 6 nasty popup windows blocking what they had spent their precious data-plan allotment navigating toward, on a device which does not make the management of multiple windows nearly so easy - and they count against your precious allotment too!

I don't suppose it would also be possible to choose your browser (replace google chrome with firefox?)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones