• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need Serious help With HTC G1 Dream!!!!

Alienware1

Lurker
Jan 22, 2011
I recently got a HTC G1 Dream everything was okay with it then I think I messed with it and now no contacts, no dialer , no gallery , no camera I have no clue what to do need help please.Whenever I click the green cazll button for contacts or dialer it gives me this

Sorry!
The process android.process.acore has stopped working unexpectedly.Please try again.

no I don't have an app killer and dunno what that is lol

I have also tried this method Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly SOLVED | Wissam Idrissi

Solution:
1. turn off syncing
2. Make a backup of contacts in gmail - ex. export data in csv or vcf
3. then click "manage applications" & "contacts storage" then tap on "clear cache" and "clear data" ATTENTION ! ALL CONTACTS DATA ON PHONE WILL BE LOST !
4. turn on sync again.

still getting error I don't have , dialer , call log , contact list the errors just go on lol but those I think are the only things giving trouble

I found something new when I try step 3 and clear my data in coontacts storage it is at 56kb and when i clear it 0 after I come out and go back to manage applications and back to contacts storgae it still says 56kb so basically it didn't clear the data so from their the method I chose wouldn't work whats up with the data for contacts storage not being cleared?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones