NEED SERIOUS HELP with SS4.8!

Last Updated:

1. raginbull74

raginbull74 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just rooted my droid with the 1 step root (which worked great), and went to my ROM mangager premium and downloaded the clockwork recovery, backed up my exisitng stock ROM, then proceeded to dl the chevy SS4.8 & the ULV 1.1 kernel, aswell as a red theme. I did not dl the optional launcher, and i did not wipe the existing data as an option. Now on reboot, it goes straight to recovery, after i swipe it open it goes directly to a box with a triangle and stating that im low on space and phone storage space is getting low with 2 options to pick from " no applications can perform this action" and "Sorry!" It cycles these options for every app. It seems that the apps on my SD card are being read on my internal memory on my phone. I dont know what to do. When I pick either options, it goes app after app, then when it gets to the launcher, no matter what options i pick, or to send a report, it gets hung up. Can someone shed some light on what to do to get back to my stock ROM?

Advertisement
  2. androidlover14

androidlover14 Well-Known Member

Just curious of which 1 step root you used because there are some that give you full root and some that do not completely give you root. But the first thing you should do is have your battery at least half way charged. Then hold the power button and select reboot and then select recovery. If there is no option for rebooting to recovery then just press power off and then once it is off hold the x button on the keyboard and hold power. Once the Motorola logo shows up you can let go of power but not x. once clockwork shows up go to partitions and wipe boot, system, data, and cache at 3x each to be safe. Use the power button to go back. Then you can try to load up the simply stunning rom. If you downloaded it through rom manager then you are going to have to install it through these steps.

1. install zip from sd card
    2. choose zip...
    3. scroll with the d-pad or volume buttons to clockwork and use either the gold button or the camera button to select it.
    4. you will see the options backup and download. Backup is where your nandroid backup is but you don't want to install the backup from there. Select download.
    5. find out which choice has your simply stunning in it.
    6. Once you find it you will notice that there were other options there too. That is where your kernel and theme is (dont quote me on that one. Not sure if the kernel is put somewhere else).

Once it finished the installing process you can select reboot system now. Everything should be fine now. If it isn't just do the wiping and select nandroid and select your backup. Also, if it isn't working fine then that just means that the rom just doesn't play nice with your phone. Like how hitler didn't play nice with the Jews (too far!). Definitely recommending you switch to Ultimate Droid 1.0.0 though. Most people are likely raving about that rom including me.

the website is theultimatedroid.com/forum. Tried to post link but there was an error so just copy and paste. You have to register to download the rom.

3. raginbull74

i used the soup or root 2.04. it only shows my battery life @ %30, i have it charging. When i Reboot and hold X it just reboots again

4. androidlover14

ooh thats a problem. Are you sure that you held x before you held power. If you hold x too late then it will just reboot.

5. raginbull74

hell yea!...i was holding it too late...got it in now...which option should i choose? 1 reboot system 2 apply sdcard update : zip 3 wipe data/factory reset 4wipe cache partition 5 install zip from sd card 6 nandroid 7 partition menu 8 advanced?

6. androidlover14

dude read 1st reply. that was a lot to type.