Need simple, lag free rom

Last Updated:

1. bigddybn

bigddybn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Looking for a ROM that has minimal lag especially in core functions such as dialing and answering calls. I'm 2.1 rooted with the .6 update at the moment and just answering calls it a PITA. I'm used to an EVO which I know is part of the problem but I should be able to make simple phone calls without fighting it.

Don't care about flashy extra junk. I want lean and mean here. Even stock android is fine if removing sense speeds up the phone.

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Heard good things about Darch 2.8

I'm running Fresh 2.3.3 with an OC kernel with no issues.

3. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

I had Fresh also but dialer lag was crazy. I switched to Aloysius and zero lag. I have since moved to CM6 which has a little lag no where near what I was getting with fresh 2.3.3

4. ck4794

ck4794 Well-Known Member

i use fresh and no dialer lag, maybe something different in your set up?

5. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

I think you have to figure what kind of rom you want, sense or AOSP. All the roms are 'lean and mean' for the most part
    I've been running CM6 nightlies with great results the last 3 weeks and would highly recommend if you want AOSP rom

bigddybn likes this.
  6. bigddybn

Flashed fresh 2.4 last night. Tonight I had a site go down which generated a bunch of txt message alerts. Phone completely froze while multiple txt messages were coming in. Useless pile o' crap.

I'll give CM6 RC1 a shot tonight. I think my EVO might have finally shipped back from HTC RMA hell.

7. bigddybn

CyanogenMod is NIGHT AND DAY faster. Really diggin the minimalist approach with this one. Even had to load my own google apps.

Wish the default mail client would allow me to choose only the exchange folders that I want a new mail notification for but I can always use a different client if need be.

8. ashley82303

ashley82303 Active Member

Well i used to be Fresh all the way, but I tried out the CyanogenMod for a week and I tried to go back to Fresh and I had to switch it back.. never noticed how fast CyanogenMod is..

9. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Darchdroid 2.8 if you don't want Sense UI, otherwise, ZenEXP.

10. xbrokdikdogx

xbrokdikdogx Well-Known Member

Get CM6 nightly build. I have the 8/25 build and my phone runs like a screaming banshee now. It's the fastest of all the official and unofficial ROMs and is the most stable of all the ROMs I have tried. I use it heavily daily and couldn't be happier.