Need some advice from you android guru's

1. Nightmare-7

Nightmare-7 New Member

First off I love my rooted NC. Been using it for almost two months now and it is nice having a something like my old palm V. That being said here are my questions:

1. I can not get graffiti to load on my NC? Is this app not supported due to some of limits of the NC?

2. I am Active Duty Army and I really use this a working notebook. I have good calendar and Tasks apps, but can not find a good address book. Love the address book in dejaoffice, but hated the rest of the APP. I am using NAVDRESS now, but find it limiting. Need a really good ADDRESS BOOK, not a map app or business card app unless i can import the Vcards from my outlook. HELP Please.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Advertisement
  2. Valkerie

Valkerie Well-Known Member

What's wrong with the stock Android contacts list?
  3. bucketheadmn

bucketheadmn Well-Known Member

With the Android contacts list you should be able to export your outlook contacts to a csv and then import them into your google account as well.
  4. stinky

stinky Well-Known Member

+1 to both.

Built in contacts is a great way to store them. Plus it gets stores/saved to your Google account, so you never lose them, and can sync them across your devices.
  5. trankster

trankster Well-Known Member

My stock built-in contacts list only has entries for names and email addresse. I rooted with Autonooter 3.0. The menu does not allow for importing either. Am I missing something or is there another app that I should install?
  6. stinky

stinky Well-Known Member

I think that may be a limitation of the stock Nook firmware.

Usually its easier to go into the gmail account on a PC to import your contacts and info, then it will sync to the phone/nook.
  7. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

The stock Nook contacts only imports select contacts from Gmail.

I figured out why, just forget the particulars. Have to look when I get home.

But it only imports the contacts that have addresses? Contacts with only phone numbers or linked Facebook contacts won't get imported.