Need some advice on getting one in canadaSupport

Last Updated:

1. A1L3

A1L3 Member This Topic's Starter

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this as im fairly new to the site

Im a long time reader nearly first time poster

so in short i live in toronto canada and have owned only one android in the past but hated the phone but was in love with android it was an Lg eve

from the lg eve i moved on to an htc touch pro 2 which is a beast(in its time) shortly after i obtained the tp2/rhodium i flashed it on to a custom rom(energyrom) at which point i got a hold of ported android os from xda (though not perfect it was great) so now i still have the tp2 with the dual boot os running on 2.1 with launcherpro beta home screen

sorry that was a bit of a background on my android past

on to the advice.

well im in love with the galaxy S and am 100% sure that it will be my first full time android phone (other than the eve) and as of yesterday am half certain i will change it to the newly announced at&t captivate (depending if they cripple i or not) now what im wondering is what would be the best method for me(a canadian) to get a hold of one of these (when they are released in the us) without actually going to the u.s to get one.

as a lot of you may know canada gets the short end of the stick when it comes to release dates sometimes being up to 5months until its released in canada after the us which is why im looking for an alternative and the tp2 i have now has just about lost its glamor (not to mention the mal treated screen, nearly killed my relative for that)

Any ideas would be great help

again if this is the wrong place to put this please feel free to delete/lock the thread or simply relocate it (and am also expecting to be flamed if it is in the wrong place)

Thanks for the help

-a1l3

Advertisement