Need some advice

Last Updated:

1. jwthrush

jwthrush Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been talking to my local VZW store and they keep telling me that they should have some X's in by Saturday or the beginning of next week. Should I bother waiting or should I just order online?

Advertisement
  2. SFWB

SFWB Well-Known Member

I don't know of any advantage of getting it @ the store versus ordering online.

3. jwthrush

Well, there are various pros and cons.

One being that if I get it at the store, I have to deal with the hassles of mailing in that rebate, whereas online, it's automatic.

Edit: And apparently Droid X's are shipping by 8/11 now instead of 8/3. =\

4. schmunkey

schmunkey Active Member

If you order online you will automatically have the $100 rebate applied instead of having to send it in if you buy from the store. Don't know if that helps the decision making process for you but a little tibit nonetheless.

Edit- beat. I suck at typing on this thing still.

5. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

if you order it online you might get it next week, you might not, if you have a rep hold you one at the store, you would get it that day. there is no guarantee you will get one though as it should be first come first serve in the store.

6. esn

esn Well-Known Member

I have always found ordering online a much better experience than dealing with the stores plus you get the rebate instantly. I try to stay out of the stores as much as I can the customer service in the stores is horrible anymore IMO.

7. jwthrush

Yeah, I just bit the bullet and ordered online. Now watch, the guy from VZW is going to call me and tell me they'll have phones in tomorrow. :p

8. jreed2560

it all really depends on the rep. The managers of the corporate stores put alot of pressure on the instore reps. If you can get one that tries to bypass all the bs they are supposed to do and one that is knowledgeable and truly interested in helping (not just getting a paycheck) then having an instore rep can be great!

9. jwthrush

Yeah, the store I go to, the district manager is there frequently and she's very helpful.

10. bemaitea

bemaitea Well-Known Member

Get it in the store.

You'll be so busy playing with your new phone that the mail in rebate will arrive before you know it!

11. Cranderson76

Cranderson76 New Member

JW, depending on where you live, you could get yours earlier than the date it specified. I've moved to AL from DC, and I ordered mine last Saturday, the 24th. It said online that mine would be shipped by Aug. 5th. I got mine Wednesday, the 28th. Got an email out of nowhere on Tues that my order had been shipped. Initially, I thought it was probably a mistake. I even called a CSR at Verizon to check the order. The guy was like, "Man!! You are gonna be excited about this!! Your email was correct! Your Droid X has been shipped!" I got it around 2:30pm on Wednesday. That was about a 4-day wait. It said that it shipped from Memphis, TN. So, hang in there!! You may get it sooner than you think!! Good luck!!

12. jreed2560

seems to me that the Memphis warehouse is really kicking a$$ getting these phones out!

13. jwthrush

Well, I'm in Tulsa, OK, so maybe Memphis will be good to me. lol

14. jwthrush

Order Status: Your order has been processed and will be shipped based on inventory availability and shipping method. You will receive shipment notification and tracking details via email.

And so the wait begins...tik...tok....tik....tok. lol

15. jreed2560

standard order confirmation.... tick tick tick :rolleyes:

16. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I always order online. I don't want any salesperson's grubby hands touching my phones. I want to be the first to hold my phone. That's just me. I know more about phones than they do..by far. There is nothing they can do for me that I can't do for myself. Just .02.

17. jreed2560

for phone geeks like us this may be true. If I were a store manager, I would require my staff to sign up on here and have a minimum of 10 posts a week. VZW reps need to be on here. The knowledge gained would be absolutely invaluable as a sales/customer service rep.

18. jwthrush

Yeah. I think it will be more than fulfilling and fun to pop my X out of the box and get to know it's curves myself without anyone else showing me. :D

19. jreed2560

agreed

20. omnipanzer

omnipanzer Member

IMO ordering online is always way better than dealing with the store messing with your emotions. And who even deals with mail in rebates anymore? I ordered mine on the 17th with a ship date of the 27th. Low and behold I got a shipping confirmation on the 19th with an arrival of the 22nd. Been enjoying mine ever since. :)

21. J S Machine

J S Machine Well-Known Member

I try to stay out of the stores as much as possible, especially the corporate stores. They have those screens that ask you to sign in and ask your birthday, height, age, weight, hair color, ss number, why you are there, etc. It's bs. I have walked out of the store so many times I refuse to go back. Now, I may go in there and buy an accesory or something, but I'm sure not going in there asking for any advice or help with anything. Longest I've waited was 30 minutes or so. I can't imagine how long some of those people wait.

611 or online for all other matters including sales.

22. droid51378

droid51378 Well-Known Member

I would search Walmart. I was in the same situation and ended up finding one at a rural Walmart around 35 miles away. Was well worth the drive. Hope this helps.

23. Kellter

Kellter Member

Thats how I got mine the day after launch, they had around 8 in stock. Just remember, Walmart return policy for phones/electronics is 15 days.

24. droid51378

droid51378 Well-Known Member

My paperwork says I have 30 days to return it.

25. jwthrush

I already ordered online, so shopping around any further is just going to cause more issues. I will however be very irritated if the store gets some in stock before mine arrives here. Oh well, we'll see what happens. :)