• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need some advice!

mondev

Jul 26, 2010
So I've had my Behold 2 for about 2 months now, and I've tried several different ROMs, but all of them have this same problem, apps always disappear after a reboot. Does anyone else have this problem?

Things such as google maps, navigation, places, springpad, dropbox, astrid tasks, handcent sms, even the android market sometimes is completely gone, not even in the apps list from settings. It only shows a white box with the green android, and when opened, it just says app not installed.

If I reboot/pull battery some of the apps mix n' match for which ones to appear and not. After one reboot, dropbox will be gone, while on another springpad will be gone but dropbox is back. So it's never the same.

I'm currently using BHMAN's latest take5 ROM, and I've tried 1.6 no twiz, microhaxo's OTA 1.6 tweaked as well as bearsfan's all having similar results.

Now when I first flashed a custom ROM, I used the unlockr's guide, and followed the rooting instructions there. Could it be that the rooted ROMs are interferring somehow with the already rooted phone?

Is it possible to unroot the phone and flash back to stock 1.5 or 1.6? Then I would try flashing to one the latest ROMs.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

So I've had my Behold 2 for about 2 months now, and I've tried several different ROMs, but all of them have this same problem, apps always disappear after a reboot. Does anyone else have this problem?

Things such as google maps, navigation, places, springpad, dropbox, astrid tasks, handcent sms, even the android market sometimes is completely gone, not even in the apps list from settings. It only shows a white box with the green android, and when opened, it just says app not installed.

If I reboot/pull battery some of the apps mix n' match for which ones to appear and not. After one reboot, dropbox will be gone, while on another springpad will be gone but dropbox is back. So it's never the same.

I'm currently using BHMAN's latest take5 ROM, and I've tried 1.6 no twiz, microhaxo's OTA 1.6 tweaked as well as bearsfan's all having similar results.

Now when I first flashed a custom ROM, I used the unlockr's guide, and followed the rooting instructions there. Could it be that the rooted ROMs are interferring somehow with the already rooted phone?

Is it possible to unroot the phone and flash back to stock 1.5 or 1.6? Then I would try flashing to one the latest ROMs.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

flashing back to 1.5 woud unroot it. so flash back to 1.5 then flash to micro's or bearfan's rom and it might solve your problem. also use http://androidforums.com/behold-2-all-things-root/151936-all-things-odin-adb.html for flashing and will root your phone. you dont need to pre root it.

Upvote 0
I am running the 1.6 tweaked V3 http://androidforums.com/behold-2-all-things-root/113897-behold-ii-ota-1-6-tweaked.html

In the past week I have seen this same problem. Even when I didn't reboot. I have noticed the phone spontaneously reboot a couple of times so that may have been the cause. At first I thought perhaps I was low on memory or something so I removed a few apps I don't really use all that often.

This phone is a mixed bad. I love it and hate it all at the same time.

Upvote 0
Yea it screws up real bad sometimes. But I flashed to 1.5, then microhaxo 1.6, and the problem is a little better. Sometimes when I reboot, maps, places, navigation, market still disappear, but usually after the next reboot they're back, unlike before it would only appear after 5+ reboots. It's an improvement I guess..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones