need some help...basic queries about mini.....General

1. Small_town_boy

Small_town_boy Well-Known Member

Yesterday I bought the mini....its not at all bad...as this is my first smart phone..

but I have some questions...
    Even in idle mode the ram memory consumption is around 170-172mb..is it normal...and how to decrease the amount of ram consumption....

I use a basic 2g internet (speed is around 10-12kb) so is this speed enough to update my phones software using kies....and what are the steps to be followed to update...

Does the stock froyo support home screen auto rotation...?

Advertisement
  2. suicidallooney

suicidallooney Well-Known Member

Hello mate and good choice on getting this phone! i have it and i am well happy with it.

That is pretty normal ram using, no big deal, you can always clear the cache to free up some ram and that will end some background apps.

Your desktop internet will be more than enough to download the files requires for update, the amount downloaded is depending on your firmware, (branded phones always come with excess and useless apps) Install kies and install the drivers for your phone with kies, connect your phone and kies will guide you through the update process, it is simple, if you are having troubles, ensure you have the drivers installed.

Stock firmware does not roatate home screen, you can download a third party app for that, stock gingerbread doesn't rotate home screen on this phone either
    Small_town_boy likes this.