Need some help connecting my new Tab

1. Asystole_810

Asystole_810 New Member

I just bought my old lady a new Samsung Galaxy 2 7 inch tablet, (she likes that mad bird game and want to go on that myface and also for the grandkids to break, I mean play with) and I was trying to get it set up for her. I cant get it to connect to our home wifi. It was straight out of the box.

I tried to restart my router, restart the tab, everything... It goes to connect, asks for the key (which I am pretty sure I am getting right) and goes to connect. It says obtaining IP, then after a min or 2 says something along the lines of signal strength poor, unable to connect, even tho the signal strength says very good.

Any help anyone? Is the wireless key the password I have or the WEP key on the side of the router or what? I have my laptop running off the same router, also PS3 (wired) a rookoo device and my sons Droid Milestone X from time to time and they all work just fine. When I go to my laptops wireless settings it shows my home wireless network as WEP security with 8 black bullets, no characters and the show characters click able box is ghosted out at the moment (I am at work on my laptop) does that ghost box go away when I am finally at home and connected to the system? My security type says no authentication, which I hope doesn't mean anyone can get onto my network.

Sorry, I am old and do not understand all this mumbo jumbo.

If I am putting in the wrong key wouldn't it tell me I am not say the signal is lost or whatever the hell,

Advertisement
    :
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

I think you'd need to convert the security to WPA.
  3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

I have moved this thread to the General Tablet Talk forums since we are talking about issues with a tablet.

Hope this helps :)

I would also agree with chanchan when Routers are set up with a password they are usually WPA not WEP.