Need some help..Eris running slowGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mnicb

mnicb Member This Topic's Starter

My girlfriend's Eris is running really slow. I'm trying to speed it up for her and I noticed a few things...

She only has like 80mb of memory available on the phone, while there is only .1 gb used on the SD. She has about 70 pictures and 1 video, are these defaulting to the phone memory and not the SD? If so, how would I transfer them to the SD and set the default to SD?

Going through the apps, theres a crap load of HTC junk and random things that don't even seem like apps to me. A lot that are 0 bytes. Should these be deleted?

She has like 4000 texts from me that she doesn't want to delete. Is there a way to save text messages to the SD and/or transfer them to a PC? Maybe an app or something?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. darkside

darkside Well-Known Member

Not sure if her phone is rooted, but in order (from my understanding) to put apps on the sd card you must be rooted and running apps2sd

You need to be rooted to uninstall the preinstalled htc apps that bloat your phone

4000 texts?? wow, why would someone want to keep that many text messages. Just curious. You could always transfer the texts to your computer and then delete them. I'm sure that is what is slowing your phone down somewhat.

mnicb likes this.
  3. mnicb

mnicb Member This Topic's Starter

haha I don't know man sentimental value I guess? How do you transfer them to a pc?

4. darkside

darkside Well-Known Member

5. ariston

ariston New Member

I started having the same problem after nearly a year of owning my Eris. I went into "settings, about phone, battery," and saw that Gesture Search, which I had installed, was using the most power by far. This indicated to me that it was always running and draining power, so I assumed it might be draining other resources. I deleted it, cleared my cache, and now my phone is running great again.

Find out what program is using the most battery power in your phone, and that may be the culprit. I was surprised by Gesture Search, since that is made by Google. They should be able to write programs that are more resource-friendly to their own OS. Shame!

I will also agree with others who have said that Handcent slows down the Eris. ATK has never improved my performance one bit.

6. Hiroshika

Hiroshika Well-Known Member

Its not so much that handcent slows it down, its just its always running, and as we all know, the more apps running, the slower your phone is going to be.