Need some help finding an apk file

Last Updated:

1. RunningOnEmpty

RunningOnEmpty Active Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if anybody had, or knew of a way that I could get an apk containing the 2.0.1 launcher. I'm assuming it exists considering there is a 2.1 launcher apk. If I'm wrong then sorry and I'll delete the thread lol.

The reason I'm asking is DroidMod only gives you 5 screens. I'd like to have seven without the use of a home replacement. Mainly for the purpose of being able to theme my launcher to look like whatever I want it to using Metamorph. I have a custom google search widget that I pulled from a theme that I want to keep, and home replacements use their own widget and app drawer. I've tried Launcher+ from the market but it force closes a lot, and replaces my themed app drawer with the stock 2.0.1 drawer.

I have an apk file of the home++ app. And using that, combined with the 2.0.1 launcher I wanted to make a hybrid apk that could be pushed to the Droid using SDK tools. My plans are to rip out the configurable screens of home++ and combine it into the stock launcher. Thus enabling you to theme normally, but configure how many screens you want. Whether it be 3, 5, 7, or anything in between. I think it'd be a great feature for the community to have with their launcher.

I'm not entirely sure if my idea is even possible, but it can't hurt to try. If someone could provide the 2.0.1 launcher, a link to one, or a way for me to pull it off my Droid, then I'll gladly post the custom launcher for all to use if my idea works.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Advertisement