• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need some help - New User

amerkhalil

Lurker
Apr 21, 2012
Good afternoon everyone.

Firstly I am new to this forum, secondly I am aged 47 so not at all techie, so apologies if I am not clear.

I have an HTC Sensation on a Vodafone contract. Had it nearly a year, very happy till last week. I updated to the new Android system and now constant crashes, hanging and loss of some functionality. I constantly get the white screen with the green HTC logo and then it tries to load my home menu page, takes a while then either it gets there or reverts to the white screen....I regularly now have to remove the battery and restart. All the music I use to access from the pre installed Music App says there is nothing there, but checking SD Card, it is still all there, my ring tones etc keep setting to default, my messages don't always go unless I restart the phone, the home screen does not physically show number of new messages or e mails like it used to. Generally everything is very clunky.....someone told me to remove SD card with phone on and then shut phone, reinsert SD Card and restart...would this help.....I am wary of making things any worse...I would love to go back to the pre updated software when everything worked beautifully....is this possible?

Any help really appreciated.....

If a factory reset doesn't help, I would send in for a warranty replacement before your warranty expires.

If it has expired, there may be a way to revert your phone, but it's a long process for noobs and non techies.

Check this link out http://androidforums.com/sensation-...stalling-s-off-clockwork-root-supercid-s.html

That is the forum section for your phone and rooting it.because You have to gain root and from what I understand you have have "S-off" to revert an HTC phone.

Hopefully your warranty is still good...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones