Need some help with Bugless Beast v0.4

Last Updated:

1. totalysharky

totalysharky Member This Topic's Starter

So I downloaded bugless beast v0.4 on my Moto Droid using Rom Manger. It installed perfectly fine. When it went to boot up it got to the screen with that Droid eye I'm assuming the dev made but when it got to that screen it didn't finish the boot up process. After a good 5 to 10 minutes it stayed at that screen. However, the vibrated when I touched in certain spots and the tactile buttons lit up. Anyone know why it wouldn't boot up?

Advertisement
  2. mhome

mhome Well-Known Member

I had the exact problem. I had been running a Cyanogen ROM just prior, I wiped and wiped and had same problem. The certain spots that vibrated for me were along the bottom of the screen. I nandroided back to an earlier bugless beast, then wiped, then applied BB 2.2 and it worked.

3. anaphora68

anaphora68 Well-Known Member

You absolutely MUST wipe data and cache before you install a ROM, especially if you are coming from 2.1. It will solve your problem.

4. StingRay

StingRay Well-Known Member

I've always had pretty good luck doing a battery pull when I've had that happen to me....alot of times I'll do that then turn on Droid and see if you can get past the bootup...otherwise you'll have to fall back on a backup like mhome described...

5. totalysharky

totalysharky Member This Topic's Starter

What do you mean wipe the data and cache? You don't mean get rid of the back up as well right? Also I am going from cyanogen 2.2 to bugless beast 2.2.

6. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Wiping data and cache are done in recovery. Which recovery are you using?