Need some help with camera cover, brightness othersGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jonhammond52

jonhammond52 Banned This Topic's Starter

Had the phone since it 1st came out. Here are some major issues Im experiencing. Let me know if you can help

1. The case seems to be "loose" on the phone. Squeaks everytime I touch it.

2. The "automatic" brightness setting SUCKS. It doesnt detect high light situations, like being outdoors. To get the proper brightness you need to use the power control widget to set the brightness up to see it in sunlight. Not a big deal, but after using the widget you either have to manually reset it to automatic in the settings, turn the brightness off or on high. Its just kind of annoying. When your in sunlight without the brightness up to the highest level I can see nothing on the phone. Literally the screen appears to be off. Is this just my phone, or does the incredible really not sense high light situations.

3. The glass cover for the camera is loose. I can see the seal is not properly on the camera, making the glass not flush. It actually moves if I touch it. Im concerned its only a matter of time before dust gets behind it. I brought it into the store, and went through 3 guys before the manager finally tried to help. Completely clueless on what to do. When I told him it needed to be covered under the warranty he said it was but A. they didnt have any phones to exchange it and wont until next week, and B. he didnt know if I could because theyre supposed to give me a like new device and since its new there probably wouldnt be any like new ones ( Yes he actually said that to me) I told him hes an idiot and they cant base their warranty on the availability of used phones. He then suggested I buy a new one and return this one. All the paper work and the fact that they may not credit my account for the 600 for up to 90 days makes that a terrible option. Its so stupid how the phone rests. I'd buy a case, but since im forced to leave my brightness on high the phone wont get through the day so im waiting for an extended battery.

Anyone else experiencing this? In my opinion, this is a good phone but it seems rushed. There are numerous other little bugs like the brightness that are just plan annoying. Like, why no space after the autocomplete when sending texts? And sometimes it says I have new messages even after i've checked all of them. Just my opinion that they needed to spend more time on the phone. Its close to being great, but as of right now Im a little disappointed. Give me a bigger battery, a more solid feel and a back that isnt the worlds cheapest plastic and I'd be happy with the phone. Love everything else, but its almost to light and "toy' like. When the covers off the phone there appears to be a lot of tape which concerns me. I honestly dont know if I expect the phone to last more then 6-8 months, just seems to cheap for lack of a better word.

Advertisement
  2. jonhammond52

Bump

3. jonhammond52

Anyone????

4. jonhammond52

buuuummmmpppppp

5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

#1: Take the back off, and reseat it, starting with the top and then setting the back in.

#2: The auto brightness has been great to me, and I've taken about 40 pics a day, in doors, and out, day and night, even at the drive-ins (recorded part of Clash of the Titans, lol)

#3: You may have a damaged camera cell. I'd take it to Verizon and have them take a look at it; they may send you a new phone.