• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need some help with directions?

DroidSteve

Nov 11, 2009
I have a problem I cant seem to figure out. Normally when I go to my google search bar and for example type in mcdonalds, my results will be displayed with the closest two or three mcdonalds. Normally next to each mcdonalds will be a directions button. That is my problem, the direction button is now gone, now I have a phone number button and a show map button. Any thoughts on this? I have racked my brain for the last couple of hours. I have reset browser settings to default. Not sure what else to do.

I have a problem I cant seem to figure out. Normally when I go to my google search bar and for example type in mcdonalds, my results will be displayed with the closest two or three mcdonalds. Normally next to each mcdonalds will be a directions button. That is my problem, the direction button is now gone, now I have a phone number button and a show map button. Any thoughts on this? I have racked my brain for the last couple of hours. I have reset browser settings to default. Not sure what else to do.

It's probably part of an update where the directions button turned into a 'show on map' shortcut. as for the phone button this is probably for making a call to that place on the map. quit racking your brain man...it's all good! :D

Upvote 0
I guess I am not being clear. Go to Google and search for McDonald's. Look at your results. Next to McDonald's you have two options phone number and get directions. I no longer have get directions. I now have show map. I use the get directions all the time and now it is gone. I can't be the first person with this problem. Please try this on your phone.

Upvote 0
Go to Google and search for McDonald's. Look at your results. Next to McDonald's you have two options phone number and get directions.

I tried this on my phone and I have the phone number and the show map option. It seems to me that when I used to click the show map option, it would take me to that location in Google Maps, at which point I could hit the menu and choose directions and navigate, but now it's not leaving the browser and the only menu option is the settings for the browser.

They must have changed something. I really haven't searched like that in a while though, I just hold down the search button and say "Directions to McDonald's" or "Navigate to McDonald's" now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones