• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need some help with switching roms

Haywire

Android Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2009
Hey Guys, I'm currently running cynagen 5.062, but I want to switch roms to something thats overclocked, I'm thinking at least to 1GHZ. Can someone suggest a rom for me?

Also, how do I go about installing the new rom? I don't have the use of rom manager yet so I need a little step by step with doing it on my pc. Do I need to use RSD lite to do this? or do I just save the rom file on my sd card on my computer?

Do I need to do anything to the rom file (ie unzipp it rename it whatever)

Thanks in advance. I've been wanting to really overclock it (i've got it at 600ghz right now thanks to overclock widget) but haven't been able to mess with it without my laptop.. But I've got it back and I'm ready, just need some guidance.

Thanks again!

You don't need to switch roms to overclock.... That is all done via kernels... Do a search and you will be able to find a ton of them.

Since you are on CM I would suggest heading over to the CM forums and checking out Bekits' kernels, they are made for CM...

I'm thinking the kernels would be a little more techincal then what I can handle.. Wouldn't a new rom just be easier to do?

Edit: Can you help me find a 1.1 kernel, how do I go about installing it onto my phone?

Upvote 0
just download rom manager from the market (Free version will work fine) Once in rom manager flash clockworkmod recovery the press menu then settings. Then check the box for advanced mode. Then download rom then cyanogenmod then either p3 or bekit kernels.

You will need setcpu for the to set the speed though. Its on the market

Upvote 0
Rom managers not letting me flash into ClockworkModRecovery.. Is there a way I can uninstall rom manger and install it again? I went into app manager but where it looks like you would delete it the only the there is delete updates.. Will that uninstall rom manager? It's worked before (the recovery mode I mean)

It gives me error occured while flashing your recovery.. What gives?

Upvote 0
Rom managers not letting me flash into ClockworkModRecovery.. Is there a way I can uninstall rom manger and install it again? I went into app manager but where it looks like you would delete it the only the there is delete updates.. Will that uninstall rom manager? It's worked before (the recovery mode I mean)

It gives me error occured while flashing your recovery.. What gives?

Probably need to update to the latest version of rom manager

Upvote 0
Reactions: Haywire
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Okay, once I let it do it's thing, how can I check and make sure It installed right? I think I just put a 1200 kerenel on but I have no way of knowing (thanks for helping a noob learn the ropes)

Edit: if it says 1200 at the end of the kerenel version I'm guessing it was succsessful?

So, now that it's overclocked what are some things I can expect? I know it will increase the cpu and all that but will it help web pages and everything else load faster?

Stoked if I got this to work right..

Thanks for the assistance all!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones