Need Some Help

Last Updated:

1. zurcaled11

zurcaled11 New Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 2, 2010
    Hey I just purchased a Nexus One from a guy on Craigslist (first mistake, I know) and it turns out it is a rooted Nexus. I have no idea what I'm getting myself into, I know it voided the warranty but other than that I'm pretty much clueless. It's running 2.2 but I don't know what all is going on because of the root.

I would like to know the following:
    How do I tell what was used to root it?
    Is there any way to unroot it?
    How do I remove the memory card that came with it and replace it with a new one if the bootloader is on the old one (do i need to transfer it?).
    What kind of sweet things can I do once I find out more about it (perks of rooting besides trackball colors)?

Sorry I'm a totally new to Android and absolutely clueless to rooting. Although I did make the jump to the nexus from apple and the iphone so at least I know what's good for me. Any help is greatly greatly appreciated.

2. mkrmec

mkrmec Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    As for sweet things you'll have to read up on a few things first...

How to root.. even tho you're already rooted
    How to install a radio part of the N1
    How to install custom ROMs (if you wanna see the sweet things of a NON-retail Android)

All I would recomend is loading 2.2 Android fresh. You don't know if the guy added some backdoors to the phone being root and everything. read up guides on how to do that..

As for root don't worry after you reinstall Android 2.2, the bootloader is not on any SD card.. so you can remove it easyly. Just pop out the battery and remove the card and put a new one in.
  3. DellyBelly

DellyBelly Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Also, do you have a unlocked padlock during phone bootup? if you do it was rooted the original way that technically voids your warranty; if however you don't have that it's possible the person used the newer way which doesn't technically void your warranty or at least you can hide it.