Need some help....Support

Last Updated:

1. john1969

john1969 Member This Topic's Starter

Just got into this android rage at 41 with the HTC incredible. This thing is great but I'm a little lost. Couple of questions. How do I erase ringtones I have downloaded????? Is ATK better that Juice defender? Currently running JD.. Can you delete factory apps?? Just afew questions for now but this forum is great and I am learning alot.. Thanks to all
    John

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Hi John, welcome to the forum. I've moved your thread to the Incredible forum where folks with the same phone can help you out.

3. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Hi John,
    Welcome and let me see if I can help with some answers!

You: How do I erase ring tones you downloaded?
    It depends, where did you download them from? VZW or one of the apps in the market?

You: Is ATK better that Juice defender? Currently running JD..
    Juice Defender is more of a system management utility which I think is good while ATK is a task killer and I would not recommend at all. Android 2.2 does a fantastic job of managing your system resources and as such, apps you kill will only restart on their own which will ultimately hurt your battery life instead of help it.

You: Can you delete factory apps??
    No, you cannot delete factory installed apps (aka bloatware). These apps can only be removed through the process of rooting which I do not recommend unless you are familiar with how to do it and the risks involved.

Again, the 2.2 OS will manage your system resources effectively and you will not need to kills apps to make your battery last.

I would definitely suggest checking out the Tips and Tricks section as it is full of great advice from the members here!!

Best Of Luck and don't ever hesitate to ask for help!

Incredible - Tips and Tricks - Android Forums

4. EricS96521

EricS96521 Well-Known Member

False. Honestly it depends on the app. The stock apps restart themselves. If you want them to not restart, you long-hold the app in atk and click Force Stop/detail and click force stop. This will completely close the app.

5. jayjay1122

Actually it is not false! ;)

You are not "using" ATK to kill those apps, you are actually using ATK to get to Application Manager where you are choosing to Force Stop Apps that are running. Go ahead and actually kill those apps using ATK and see what happens.

ATK is not necessary as using it to kill apps will only have them restart again.

Big difference.

6. EricS96521

I actually just did this. Rebooted my phone and went into atk and killed all apps and not ONE restarted.

7. jayjay1122

Did what specifically Eric, "killed" them with ATK or long pressed and "force stopped" them?

Are you saying you pressed the Kill Selected Apps button at the top of ATK and nothing restarted?

8. EricS96521

Yes. I pressed "Kill Selected Apps" and none restarted.

9. jayjay1122

Very odd!
    Not sure what to tell you pal. :confused:
    I installed ATK to see what you were referring to and although it did not happen instantly, my apps are all starting back up.

10. EricS96521

I also forgot to mention I have all of the bloatware either removed or disabled..lol

11. jayjay1122

:mad::mad: LOL!!
    Yeah that would make a difference!!

12. john1969

john1969 Member This Topic's Starter

I down loaded the ringtones from the android market. How do I erase them? Thanks for all your help.. Much appreciated....

13. jayjay1122

Without knowing which App you used, I will give you a generic answer for now...

If you do not have it, download Astro from the Market. Open it up and go to the storage media you are using and locate the App. Open the App, select Ringtones, locate the Ringtone and long press the one you wish to delete and select Edit then Delete.