• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need some opinions...

Parker222

Lurker
Mar 5, 2012
Hello guys I am now here and I have a few questions.

My old phone Droid Incredible served me well until it decided to quit working properly..... I had it rooted, and ran a custom rom that was close to stock. I made it through the day battery wise most days, however some days I needed a re charge if I had been using it heavy ( 20% more battery would have been perfect to make it through the day )

Well anyway.... I am using a droid 2 of my sisters and dont really like it. I rooted it and ran a differet rom and I still dont like it. I am not eligible to upgrade for another month. (unless i can upgrade early?)

I am torn between the galaxy nexus and the razr maxx.... I am worried the nexus wont make it though a full day. Anyone go from a D INC to a nexus?

What do you guys suggest? Also, I want ICS, I am not afraid to root the razr maxx in order to get it. But I would prefer it stock.... Hm....

ALSO I want a phone that wont break if I drop it...... I own a trucking and excavating business, and I farm on the side. I get a shit for not having a gzone lol..

Hello guys I am now here and I have a few questions.

My old phone Droid Incredible served me well until it decided to quit working properly..... I had it rooted, and ran a custom rom that was close to stock. I made it through the day battery wise most days, however some days I needed a re charge if I had been using it heavy ( 20% more battery would have been perfect to make it through the day )

Well anyway.... I am using a droid 2 of my sisters and dont really like it. I rooted it and ran a differet rom and I still dont like it. I am not eligible to upgrade for another month. (unless i can upgrade early?)

I am torn between the galaxy nexus and the razr maxx.... I am worried the nexus wont make it though a full day. Anyone go from a D INC to a nexus?

What do you guys suggest? Also, I want ICS, I am not afraid to root the razr maxx in order to get it. But I would prefer it stock.... Hm....

I can not say if the Gnexus would make it through a day with you or the razrmaxx as well i do not know what you use or how long you power use the devices.ICS will come to the razr in months i assume
If your into custom roms you should go with the gnexus
you can get a bigger battery with the gnexus and the boot loader is open so my opinion if you like great built phones then the maxx if you like roms and open boot loaders the nexus. they are both great choices enjoy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones