Need Some ROM Manager Assistance, please...

Last Updated:

1. The SPCS Guy

The SPCS Guy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK..

I am using ROM manager. I am using a stock 2.2 after update. I rooted with unrevoked. So, I am trying to back this up. When I choose a name for it, it turns into the dreaded white EVO 4G screen and never does anything until I pull battery, and reboot the phone.
    I guess it's safe to say this is not going to work and I have to manually do the backup, etc? With all those steps, huh?

You see, what I want to do is put Fresh on my EVO ...dab a little in custom ROMS, etc...

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

There arent that many steps. Download quick boot, it will boot right into recovery and once there you can create your nand backups

3. The SPCS Guy

Ok...we have another issue here..I do have QB and I tried the recovery mode there, and vol down and start...they both just sit on that white EVO screen... what's next?

I read somewhere, where someone told someone to try to ADB recovery..shall I try this?

4. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

Did you flash a recovery? Go into rom manager and flash ra recovery and see if that will get you into recovery. It seems that your recovery isnt working properly. Are you sure you have the eng bootloader? Volume up and power or in quickboot. Can you boot to bootloader?

5. The SPCS Guy

I think I didn't install the PC361...i'm doing that now, we'll see how this goes, after I install it.

6. The SPCS Guy

Ok, so now when I installed that eng, it booted back into bootloeader...what's next?

7. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

boot mormally and flash a recovery through rom manager and use quickboot to see if it will take you into recovery

8. The SPCS Guy

It's a no go..I think something went crazy..it just boots into the white boot loader screen on every boot...no option to even get back to the OS.
    Am I bricked?

I'm not sure why I had to install the PCIMG file, when i already used unrevoked3.2.1 to root the evo...

9. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

can you load recovery from the bootloader?

10. The SPCS Guy

Yes...the black screen with the triangle...
    should i be wiping this data?

11. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

ok, connect to pc, mount usb through recovery, put a rom on the sdcard and install zip form sdcard

12. ceabbott2

ceabbott2 Well-Known Member

Just curious but when I was trying to get my apps and data back via Titanium if I didn't manually remove the old stuff from the previous ROM after I installed the rooted, deodexed and signed OTA update my phone kept restarting and having force closes on apps that were reinstalled by my backup pro. I guess there were some conflicts. Anyone have an owners manual for Titanium backup?

Charles

13. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

What ever fcs in titanium backup, find it and wipe data and it should fix

ceabbott2 likes this.
  14. The SPCS Guy

ok, I need assistance in getting into usb recovery... I wiped data... got what I want on the card.
    I'm on Vista..help me here... not on Win7...

I have the SDK...not sure anything can be read with this os.

15. ceabbott2

ceabbott2 Well-Known Member

As usual, thank you wake69. After I flashed the ROM some of the apps fc after my back pro it had already installed data and apps. I guess I really didnt know how to get my data and apps back with the correct procedure.

16. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

can you run adb? If you can find the command to boot to recovery. There is a guide to adb on xda

17. The SPCS Guy

No...that's ok. I'd just prefer to reload my Android 2.2. How can I do this please? This has taken way too long to accomplish. I am now on Android 2.1 from that PC361 file and on a way outdated kernel and radio. I can't get any updates from HTC.

Edit: I just updated my phone back to Stock RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.26.651.6 that I found from Shipped Roms...I'll root again and update all my apps...
    Glad to be back in a comfort zone!

18. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

Well, at least you are getting somewhere, when i got to 2.1 i used simpleroot to get my root, then flashed the 2.2 rom

19. The SPCS Guy

Yes...I thought all hope was lost. I think I will lay off the custom roms for a minute...lol..Until I have another 5 hours to spend on the white EVO screen and BootLoader. For now, I'm back like I left off, minus my homescreen, I re-rooted and Titanium is restoring all my data. Sprite Backup is restoring Messages, Bookmarks, etc.

JE