• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need some testers (Battery drain related)

sh4o8kid

May 27, 2010
I know MODS are merging battery threads but I'm asking for a few days for this thread to stay put. Reason why is I want to ask people to test what I have found first to see if it can be debunked.

I may have found a solution to the fast battery drain when we hit 100%. I know there's a solution out there where we have to plug/unplug and repeat but that gets annoying. I found myself playing with the phone a lot and noticed something about the battery when certain things are off when charging.

What I found: hw version 2 and 3 both running full animations and launcherpro with auto brightness.

While charging, turn off everything. By everything I mean Wi-fi, mobile, 4g, Bluetooth and GPS. The only thing you should see on the top right of your screen is the time, the battery, gps off, and the reception bars. Once you turned everything off, begin charging your phone to 100% and then take off the charger. I have tested this with 2 Evo's and results are that there is no fast drop.

Results for me:
Test 1: Charged to 100% and took it off (no drain)
Test 2: Same as above
Test 3: Same as above (89% battery life with 13 hours)
Test 4-7 same as above.

Test 8: Overnight charge: it drops. It will not drop when you hit 100% and take the charger off

What I'm asking for:
I would like people to test this out and see if it works. I have tested this for 4 days just to see if i keep getting the same results, post your results if possible.

personally I think it has less to do with everything off and more to do with taking it off the charger immediately after turning green. I do almost the same thing (I leave wifi on because I get poor Sprint reception at home but have a wifi network) and get similar results to your test. If I charge it off or overnight and let it sit on the charger it drains quickly, though.

Upvote 0
personally I think it has less to do with everything off and more to do with taking it off the charger immediately after turning green. I do almost the same thing (I leave wifi on because I get poor Sprint reception at home but have a wifi network) and get similar results to your test. If I charge it off or overnight and let it sit on the charger it drains quickly, though.

True, but occasionally i would get a drop in battery. I just wanted to see if this actually works. Trying to help out the community :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones