• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need some Zombie Novel Suggestions

I haven't read it yet (still finishing up something else) but I, Zombie by Hugh Howey will be next up for me and looks really good. I've read most of what Hugh's written (his Wool series was especially good IMO), and he's a really great up-and-coming writer. Plus, how can you go wrong for the Kindle price of $4.99?

I,Zombie: Hugh Howey: 9781477401293: Amazon.com: Books

Upvote 0
Sorry I hadnt posted back sooner got I, Zombie its a mega twist on the typical zombie novel.

Dread I seen that Pride and Prejudice and Zombies book show up in a few different list as being a really good book might have to check that one out also.

GMash I read World War Z several times extremely good book. I tend to read it around October for Halloween for some reason.

The cell was also a amazing zombie book highly recommend it to anyone that's a King fan.

The other ones I will have to check out. Keep the good idea's coming guys I am sure others are interested also.

Upvote 0
Chapter 1 - Leads up to the inevitable lab accident we all know is coming; the back story and the like. Perhaps a secret experiment gone wrong or according to plan. The mystery is ever fully revealed until you purchase books 2 and three of the three book trilogy

Chapter 1.5 - Something escapes the lab, either by design or accident

Chapter 2-3 - People begin to die, panic ensues, and death spreads across the planet

Chapter 3.5 - The dead begin to arise. Well, Duh!

Chapter 4, 5 and 6 - People unaffected begin to find each other and band together. One hears about a possible cure, but they require a few chapters to find it. No cure; one member in the group is secret government plant or is after the buxom female hero

Chapter 7 - Many zombie battles and some people are eaten and they also arise. The bad guys within the group are slowly revealed. Or is he? We must wait for the next book

Chapter 8 - The band of fighters begin to look for the source of the cryptic TV or radio broadcast they are hearing. They keep seeing REDRUM on the walls so they follow the signs

Chapter 9 - More death, a few fights with unaffected bad and evil doers and the required love scene. Perhaps a love triangle

Chapter 10 - Minor resolution, but the writer leaves it open for the sequels to fulfill his or her contract with the publisher

Chapter 11 - The writer is attacked by zombies. Bet you did not see that one coming. No, wait . . . the reader is attacked by zombies. It is what you call a twist on a twist. No wait, they are at my door and one is inside with me, eating my foot. Got you again, your classic quadruple twist.

There you go . . I saved you all that time reading poorly written zombie books; that is to say, any zombie book.

They are all the same: Problem arises, ensuing action, lots of death, some quest to find salvation and the truth and sequels.

Upvote 0
I may be a little (or a lot) biased, but there are quite a few people who have liked "Area 187; Almost Hell". Area 187 - Almost Hell: Eric Lowther: Amazon.com: Kindle Store There are quite a few good reviews on it, so don't take my word for it.

You may want to check out Tony Faville and his "Kings of the Dead", written in journal style, if you like the classic approach Kings of the Dead (Revised and Expanded): Tony Faville, Permuted Press: Amazon.com: Kindle Store and if you want a novella that's a little different (think detective noire plus some zombies), check out his "Avery Nolan; Private Dick of the Dead" Avery Nolan: Private Dick of the Dead: Tony E Faville, Felicia Tiller-Sullivan, Robert Elrod: 9781463631970: Amazon.com: Books

I can also recommend Robert R Best's "Memorial" trilogy. Check them out at Amazon.com: robert r best: Books , and if you want som futuristic apocalypse, check out Jake Bible's "Apex" trilogy (Dead Mech, The Americans, Metal and Ash) http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...-keywords=jake+bible&rh=n:283155,k:jake+bible

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
I haven't read it yet (still finishing up something else) but I, Zombie by Hugh Howey will be next up for me and looks really good. I've read most of what Hugh's written (his Wool series was especially good IMO), and he's a really great up-and-coming writer. Plus, how can you go wrong for the Kindle price of $4.99?

I,Zombie: Hugh Howey: 9781477401293: Amazon.com: Books

I haven't read a heck of a lot of zombie fiction (WWZ, the Walking Dead comics...yes) as it isn't my favorite genre but one I have read and really enjoyed was Raising Stony Mayhall by Daryl Gregory. It looks like it might be comparable to I, Zombie. It tells the story from the zombie's point of view and was really poignant in parts and well written overall. Zombies are just people after all :)

Raising Stony Mayhall by Daryl Gregory - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

I have Howey's Wool Omnibus ebook version waiting to be read. I really should get to it soon, it gets really good reviews. If I read another zombie book, I'll have to check out I, Zombie as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones