Need standaclone ChargerAccessories

Last Updated:

1. ghamden

ghamden Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Looking for a standalone charger to keep extra battery charged Can't seem to Loacate any for The Droid X any help greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. sharpgator

sharpgator Well-Known Member

I found one on Ebay for $5 or $6 bucks. We'll see how it works while I wait on Seidio. Just put in the term "droid x wall charger" on an Ebay search.

3. ghamden

ghamden Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I put a request into Seido hopefully they will have one soon

4. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

5. kwest12

kwest12 Well-Known Member

6. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

You have to take into consideration they are coming from China. So it's a chance you'll have to take. Of course most things do today.

7. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

I found a web site that sells them, because of warnings the web site triggered other peoples security software (it didn't mine) I put off buying it, was $7.00 if I recall. At least one person from that thread bought one. Can probably do a search to bring up that thread to see if he updated.

8. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

I can confirm it's stable...Not sure about hurting the battery long term. I got this along with 2 generic batteries from the eBay vendor sellinday for under $14. I have charged both generic batteries with the charger, no problem. The generic batteries don't last as long in the phone as the Moto battery does.

I don't recommend the batteries as a replacement, but are fine as a backup. One battery is recognized and will charge in the phone, but will drop from 100 to 5 percent in 4 hours and will stay on 5 percent for 3 more hours before the phone shuts down. The other battery will last about the same amount of time (7 hours) but the battery icon shows a question mark in it and the battery cannot be charged in the phone. Good for an emergency, but not for daily use.

Did the charger (same one as you are asking about) cause these problems, probably not. My though is the batteries are mislabeled as 1540 mA. You are always taking a chance when you buy generic items.

kwest12 likes this.
  9. wnrussell

wnrussell Member

Yes, the charger is stable, comes with a USB connector also, and they are coming with batteries often.

The battery is OK for a spare, but it isn't Motorola and the battery charge indicator on the phone can't display a value.

They take about 10 days to order from China.

kwest12 likes this.
  10. larry1014

larry1014 Active Member

kwest12 likes this.