1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

need step by step guide please .

1. dan44762000

dan44762000 Well-Known Member

i have cyanogen 7.2.0 running on my phone and i like it a lot .
    all i needed to do was boot into recovery mode and install the zip file i put on the root of my sd card (32gb) and all is fine .

however i now want to make a partition and get extra valuable internal storgae as i am down to 32mb after clearing the cache on all apps .
    have moved everything i can too the sd card but still only 32 mb .
    even cleared the dvalrik cache with titanium pro .

so what i need is a step by step guide for creating a partition and then using something like s2e or any reccomended app to move the lot over .

last time i done it i messed up big time and lost acess too all apps and my phone wouldnt even boot but i just , went into recovery mode mounted my sd card put the cyanogen mod zip file on there unmounted and installed and bang everything working fine .

so is there a noob guide to going through the steps to create the partition ?
    also i am assuming i need to completely wipe the phone off everything ?

thanks dan

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

The recommended way of partitioning is GParted. If you like video guides, SUroot put one together: Using Gparted tutorial - YouTube

If you want a step-by-step, look at this bit of the root memory faq.

To play safe, what I'd suggest is:

* take a nandroid backup first
    * then back up your entire SD card to a computer (including any folders whose names start with ".", which are "hidden" folders. ".android_secure" in particular must be backed up).
    * Follow partitioning guides above.
    * Restore SD card contents (assume partitioning will wipe the card, which is why you had to back up first).

You should not need to wipe the phone. I don't know Simple2Ext, but if you add the DarkTremor script (a version of which was linked early in the CM7 thread at XDA last time I looked) you then type a command to start it up an it will move the apps and reboot. The procedure would be to open a terminal emulator and type:

su
    a2sd reinstall

after which it reboots. Repeat procedure but instead of "a2sd reinstall" type "a2sd cachesd" and it will move the dalvik cache.

I expect that S2E allows you to move stuff without a wipe as well.