• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need stock backup

All are working fine. And the application list is good. The original files I gave you have the original stock recovery image. Thanks for all this!

Great thanks. To clarify, you now have root right after flash without fixing it, everything is working...wifi, bt, 3g, 4g (if you have it), calls, mms, headphone jack, a/v playback, etc?

edit: and what about these?
Code:
/system/partner-app/Cricket411.apk
/system/partner-app/Cricket-Connect.apk
/system/partner-app/CricketMoviusProdHTTPS.apk
/system/partner-app/Cricket_MyBackup.apk
/system/partner-app/cricketnav.apk
They are still in there, should they stay?

edit2: I don't see the stock recovery in the zip. I see your cwm backup, boot.img, and system.img. I am not sure what system.img is but it is 1.1GB so definitely not recovery. Inside the cwm backup is a recovery.img but it is cwm, not stock.

Reactions: Krsmqn
Upvote 0
Reactions: SuperR
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Looks like I got beat to the punch. :p
Just got my stocker rom booting this morning, but u've already got multiples up.
Grats!

Perhaps I'll work on porting a cwm that doesnt jitter. :p
Among that, I am working on optimizing the stock rom and adding some eye candy to it. I may apply my aroma installer to it, provided I can resolve the cwm jitters.

Upvote 0
Looks like I got beat to the punch. :p
Just got my stocker rom booting this morning, but u've already got multiples up.
Grats!

Perhaps I'll work on porting a cwm that doesnt jitter. :p
Among that, I am working on optimizing the stock rom and adding some eye candy to it. I may apply my aroma installer to it, provided I can resolve the cwm jitters.

My bad, wasn't trying to step on any toes. Krsmqn came over to the Warp 4G forums and asked if their stock rom could be ported. I saw junkie2100 had cwm booting, so i said I would do it :)

I am interested in what you ended up doing to get yours booting. I had some trouble as well and the answer was to use the cm update-binary. For some reason the one i normally use would not extract /system no matter what. I tried by-name and mmcblk with no success. Tossed cm binary in and tada. Same problem on the Warp 4G.

Upvote 0
yep, I used a cm10 generic binary. My issues lied in the deodexing of the framework actually. would flash fine, but stall on booting. logcat ftw.
So it was just a matter of re-deodexing the framework using another method, adding a few missed symlinks, and it flashed fine for me this morning.

Upvote 0
Sorry if I caused any toe stepping... :thinking:
We all have the same goals for the most part. Cooldudezach is, or has made a working OC Kernel for the n9511 and could be ready to test soon. And perhaps implemented into one of the final modded roms. Great work, all of you. I'm happy o be a part of the development and testing!

Reactions: SuperR
Upvote 0
Sorry if I caused any toe stepping... :thinking:
We all have the same goals for the most part. Cooldudezach is, or has made a working OC Kernel for the n9511 and could be ready to test soon. And perhaps implemented into one of the final modded roms. Great work, all of you. I'm happy o be a part of the development and testing!
I'll have to work on it tomorrow, had a late shift at work tonight followed by a lovely date. XD Work is early early tomorrow, so plenty of time to work on stuff.

I found a solution to the no wifi, but it was more luck than anything. ZTE sucks. Still need other kernel sources from them. -_-

Upvote 0
I found a solution to the no wifi, but it was more luck than anything. ZTE sucks. Still need other kernel sources from them. -_-

Any news about other kernel sources being released by ZTE?

And I was wondering: what are the pros and cons to installing the Beta OC kernel? What reasons would you want this one over the stock kernel? Is there anything that doesn't work with the OC kernel? Is there a current thread that I should be reading? I'm still quite the noob with all of this, lol. But I'm not letting that get in the way of ultimate control over my phone!:D:D:D

Thanks for all the hard work, guys!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones