• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need the emulator run-down...

rmp5s

Apr 6, 2010
I just got my TF a few days ago and I LOVE it...even if it is crippled by the lame ass "wifi" here in afghaniland. Sometimes it's really not "better than nothing"...lol

Anyway...I was wondering what the best emulators are. I'm looking for the best ones for the usual systems that can support 2 controllers. I know wii controllers supposedly work quite well with some of them. Can any of them do 2? I wanna be able to play old school NES, SNES and MAYBE even some N64 and dreamcast if possible with 2 controllers. Can you guys point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!

Get wiimotecontroller, SuperGNES, Nesoid, Snes9x EX.

SuperGNES supports wii controllers within itself, WITH the classic controller attached. (Don't sync with wiimotecontroller when you use this Emulator- sync within the app.)

I haven't tried any USB controllers yet.

I tried a Nintendo DS emulator but it was so slow and tiny it wasn't worth it.

Upvote 0
Either way, usb or bluetooth, would work for me as long as I can have 2 controllers. I REAAAAAAAAALLY wanna get a game of Mario Party goin with a buddy of mine. That is like...the end goal. lol That and maybe some Mortal Kombat which I got last night. Runs perfectly!

Is there a decent N64 emulator? I saw N64oid somewhere but I'm having a helluva time downloading it out here. If it plays well (Goldeneye and Mario Party!!!) then I'll put a bit more effort into finding sneakysneaky ways of downloading it out here. If it doesn't play very well on the TF, I won't bother.

God I miss decent internet...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So...I got the N64 emu and the Snes emu, both of which are GREAT! I'm going to be picking up a wiimote or 2 here in the next week or so and give them a go. It is the bluetooth, 2 part, goofy wiimotes, right? Not the usb gamepad kinds that came with the Wii to use with its built in emu? Just wanna make sure I get the right one...lol

Upvote 0
I have the wiimote ("wand" with big circle a button for your thumb and trigger underneath) but the lack of buttons was impacting my SNES games. Got the "Classic" controller hooked up to that and it works great- there are two different versions of the classic controller on Amazon, I got the larger revised one.

I don't know if the "standalone" wii emulator pads would work- they "SHOULD", but these emulators don't cover all the controller options out there..

Oh and sorry, looks like I left my USB controller at home because I brought the wii controller back with me. I've asked to borrow someone's wii remote to see if 2 will work at the same time but everyone has xbox or ps3?!!!!!

Upvote 0
You're referring to one of these, right?:

Amazon.com: Wii Classic Controller Pro - Black: Nintendo Wii: Video Games

If so, I'm going to get one. Then, if it works well, I might pick up another one. The virtual controller works much better than it used to back in the day (I remember trying to play games on the G1 and it was a nightmare...no multi-touch and the keyboard would only register 1 or 2 buttons at a time...) but there is no replacement for a real controller. Especially if I can have 2 for 2 player games. (MARIO PARTY!)

Or, better yet...:

Amazon.com: Nintendo Retrolink USB Super SNES Classic Controller: Video Games

or, even BETTER, this:

Amazon.com: SNES Controller to Adapter for PC USB: Video Games I Still have a WORKING SNES, 2 (or 3) controllers, a couple dozen games, the MOUSE AND MOUSEPAD...AND owners/instruction manuals for it all! Being able to use the real deal, original, authentic SNES controllers with the emulators would be nothing short of amazing. Dunno if these options would work though. When I get home I'll be more open to experimenting. Here though, it takes so long to get stuff that it would suck if it didn't work.

Thanks for the help!!

Upvote 0
Yes, that first link is the one I like. Wish I thought about getting it in black! :-(
It's bigger than the original "wii classic" controller and is very comfortable. Works great! Takes a minute to map all the buttons, DON'T try to map "up/left, up/right," etc...

That controller has all the buttons you need for SNES, seems to be designed for it.

I really wish I could tell you if USB gamepads work, I have a Turbografx16 controller adapted for USB which I rock for some TG16/ NES emulator games..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones