• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need to buy a new phone: its N1 vs. EVO

nihilion

Lurker
Mar 30, 2010
I know the EVO is hot right now, but the build construction is a little shotty imho, and the 4G circuitry is literally dead weight in my pocket with no purpose (not in 4G area).

I need a new phone, and these are the options before me. I'd prefer vanilla Android and early updates to Sense UI, but the large screen, 720p recording, and HDMI on the EVO make a compelling case.

What should it be, people? I need expert advise. Pros and Cons, and a decision.

Thanks for input.

nope :/ there has been other problems with the n1 as well. such as heat making the screen go crazy, lag, unresponsiveness, etc. its a nice phone but it has too many major issues.

That's kind of depressing. I had such high hopes for that one. What do you think of the EVO? Should I pick it up, even though I'm not in a 4G area? Are you bothered by the long waits for updates?

Upvote 0
That's kind of depressing. I had such high hopes for that one. What do you think of the EVO? Should I pick it up, even though I'm not in a 4G area? Are you bothered by the long waits for updates?

iv been watching tons of reviews and talking to people with the evo and id say go for it. im getting it the day it comes out. it doesnt seem to have any major issues. im also not in a 4g area but its worth it to me even for the 3g. i also heard that all 2010 models will get 2.2 within the year so...

edit: someone else pointed out to me that sprint and htc should be better about updating to 2.2 because the evo is a big deal and so new. its getting a lot of attention from not only normal people, but the geeks so to speak, it would be very smart for them marketing wise to have 2.2 asap.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones