• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] Need to do NV backup?

I any modern custom recovery (TWRP, PHILZ or CWM) you have te option to do an EFS backup. I use TWRP and always include the EFS in all my backups.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but does backingup EFS in recovery also backup NV. I had the Metro S3 and used an app to backup and restore NV(which saved me once) but I have never heard of EFS :/. Thanks guys!

Upvote 0
Sorry if this is a stupid question but does backingup EFS in recovery also backup NV. I had the Metro S3 and used an app to backup and restore NV(which saved me once) but I have never heard of EFS :/. Thanks guys!

make sure you backup EFS just in case your imei numbers gets erase for some old reason, you will be able to restore it.

Reactions: Rooqy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones