• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need to flash to stock 2.3.4/5/6/7

Well, earlier today I tried to root my best friend's Nexus S 4G. To my dismay, my microUSB caused a sudden interruption in the middle of the rooting process, so I had to start over. Here's the thing, though: the rooting process was interrupted right after I unlocked the bootloader, at the point when it was supposed to reboot after doing so. When it was interrupted, it didn't, and, well, I rebooted it myself from the menu and tried to continue the root process.

Well, it failed, and no root was achieved. Bootloader was still unlocked, but no root was there, and Superuser was not able to be removed. I tried to use a one-click unroot stock to see if I'd be able to fix it. It managed to remove all traces of root save the unlocked bootloader.

Afterwards, I tried to do a factory reset to see if I can finally get it back to normal, but a few seconds in, it showed me the yellow triangle with the exclamation point in it. We removed the battery and tried to boot it up, and it did normally. The problem right now is that we want to flash it back to stock by using something like ODIN or maybe actually using ODIN? It is a Samsung device, so it should work, correct? If so, can someone point me in the direction of the correct files and procedures to flash it back to stock. It'd be greatly appreciated. :eek:

Well, earlier today I tried to root my best friend's Nexus S 4G. To my dismay, my microUSB caused a sudden interruption in the middle of the rooting process, so I had to start over. Here's the thing, though: the rooting process was interrupted right after I unlocked the bootloader, at the point when it was supposed to reboot after doing so. When it was interrupted, it didn't, and, well, I rebooted it myself from the menu and tried to continue the root process.

Well, it failed, and no root was achieved. Bootloader was still unlocked, but no root was there, and Superuser was not able to be removed. I tried to use a one-click unroot stock to see if I'd be able to fix it. It managed to remove all traces of root save the unlocked bootloader.

Afterwards, I tried to do a factory reset to see if I can finally get it back to normal, but a few seconds in, it showed me the yellow triangle with the exclamation point in it. We removed the battery and tried to boot it up, and it did normally. The problem right now is that we want to flash it back to stock by using something like ODIN or maybe actually using ODIN? It is a Samsung device, so it should work, correct? If so, can someone point me in the direction of the correct files and procedures to flash it back to stock. It'd be greatly appreciated. :eek:
This should fix ya right up :)

[APP] One Click Return to stock for nexus s 4g - xda-developers

Reactions: BigBangAnarchy
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones