Need to get all my contact onto my Gmail?Support

Last Updated:

1. munkifisht

munkifisht Member This Topic's Starter

I need to put all my contacts from my phone onto my GMail, but for some reason, I can't find a way to do it easily. I was thinking that all my contacts would sync accross the phone, but this doesn't seem to happen. I have a HTC desire, and have used HTC sync to try and update all my Outlook contact with my Phone contact, but they don't seem to come across. So how can I do this...

Buy my Cereal!!

Advertisement
  2. Bnice

Bnice Guest

When you sign into your gmail account, go to contacts-more action you should see the import or export option.

3. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Do NOT use this forum as your personal platform for advertisement. I will not issue you a warning this time, however if you repeat this offense, you will receive an infraction

4. munkifisht

Jesus, it's not like I'm selling pencils, it's a charity.

5. munkifisht

thanks for the reply, I had gotten this far myself. The problem I have is that no matter how I try I can't get my contacts to sync to Outlook to create the CSV file to upload to GMail. I'm using the latest version of HTC sync

6. Jason71

Jason71 Well-Known Member

I am a bit confused about where your contacts currently are. If they are already on your Desire as your post suggests then it is easy.

From the people app export your phone / sim contacts to your SD card. Once this is done re-import them selecting the option to import them as Google contacts. Job done. They should then appear once as link contacts which means on phone and Google but if any appear twice just go to the settings and hide phone/ sim contacts