Need to get rid of 4.1 and go back to 4.0.4 how do I do this?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Lbar, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Lbar

Lbar New Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Hey guys, first post. I do not mess with my phones, they're a tool to me. I'm not totally clueless though, I keep up with what goes on in the phone world for when I occasionally tangle up with iPhone fanboy. My VZW Galaxy Nexus updated to 4.1 a couple weeks ago. It's brought up two negative issues, the most important one being an app I use for work no longer sets off the Alerts I set. They use to pop up on my phone almost like a text message would. Now, even though all the settings are correct it doesn't do it. This is a deal breaker for me, I can't be without this. So I need to switch back to 4.0.4.

Could one of you pros help me with this. Assume I know nothing about how to modify the operating system (because I don't.) And if it's going to possibly wipe my phone I need to know how to back it up. I've looked around but most of the discussion online is between people who know what they're talking about and there is a disconnect in that conversation to someone who is an outsider like me. Also I think I may be the first person on earth to want to get rid of Jelly Bean.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Civil Engineer
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Might i welcome you to the forums Lbar, glad to have you :)

I am also on Verizon but i have rooted my GNex so that i can have whatever system i want on it, and technically you could also do the same thing, root your device and put ICS (4.0.4) on it.

You could potentially follow one of the guides here: (Verizon) Galaxy Nexus - All Things Root - Android Forums

And in a days time have 4.0.4 on your device again, might i suggest getting Cyanogen Mod 9.0, here is a direct link: CyanogenMod Downloads

This is after the rooting process of course.

Hopefully i am not blowing your mind right now haha! ;)

3. Lbar

Lbar New Member

Oct 8, 2012
  4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Civil Engineer
    Cincinnati, Ohio
  5. Lbar

Lbar New Member

Oct 8, 2012