• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need to get the data off my phone and onto computer

Hi,

I have a Warp Sequent that's been busted for nearly 3 weeks (the digitizer wasn't responding to touch) and has abruptly started to work.

Before it goes belly up again, I want to get EVERYTHING off of it and onto my computer. But how do I do that? Every time I try to get a Warp Sequent driver from ZTE it winds up being something other than a Warp Sequent driver. (Last time it was a "Handset" driver in a zip file NAMED "Warp Sequent Driver" - ha!) Someone at this forum (was it "junkie2100"?) tried to provide me with a Warp Sequent driver; I don't remember it working but I'm game to try it again.

Failing that, is there another solution for, if not importing the phone data's via the computer, getting into the phone and exporting the data to my computer?

I want to hurry up and get all my data (great photos of my sons, a ton of contacts arranged just the way I like 'em) before my phone goes back into a coma!

Oh, one more question: does it matter that the USB cable I'm using is an LG rather than ZTE? I'm convinced that it doesn't matter who made the cord, but my wife's equally convinced that using ZTE rather than LG cables is affecting our computers' ability to "recognize" our ZTE phones when they're plugged in. Is there any credence to that? Did I make a boo-boo by losing our ZTE cords?

Upvote 0
Here is the warp sequent driver. This should let you mount both the internal and external SD cards on your computer and let you pull everything off them.
http://www.zteusa.com/media/wysiwyg/ZTE-WarpSequent/ZTE_Warp_Sequent_USB_Driver_EXE_-_4.28MB_.zip

Some cords I have found dont work for the sequent. I have a Samsung cord that absolutely will not work. I have also found that some USB slots on certain computers wont work. I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that has 4 USB ports. Only 2 will work.

Try changing cables/USB ports and find a good one.

Upvote 0
It normally should not matter what brand cord you use with your devices. If it's micro usb it SHOULD work. Our phones are kinda wonky however and some cables/ports may not work when they should.

How to get everything off your device depends on what everything is. If it is pictures you should be able to use those drivers and just copy them like your device was a flash drive. The contacts may prove more challenging. Are you sure your contacts are not in your gmail account just the way you want? If they are there is no need to back them up. If they are on your device, I am afraid you will need to root in order to back them up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones