• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need to know what program to view pps files

kristynchas

Lurker
Aug 25, 2010
Hello All,

One of my co-workers sent me an email with a 49 page powerpoint (pps) slideshow. I can not view the files. Is there a certain app on the market or anywhere I can DL for free that I can view these? I tried a few (OfficeSuite Pro (Trial), and OfficeSuite Viewer (Trial) and neither one will open the pps files. Can someone help please?

Thanks,
KristyNChas

Thanks for the help.

I DLed the program, installed it, tried viewing filed and it says "File Corrupted". The odd thing is, my co-worker sent it to me from his BB and he showed me what he sent me on his phone and it views fine on his POS BlackBerry.

Any help?

KristyNChas

Is the file an attachment in your email or did you save it to your SD?

Upvote 0
drexappeal,

Hey thanks again for the help. I saved it to the SD card and went and viewed the files through the program instead of going through the email. Worked fine :)

Thanks for your help!

KristyNChas

No problem.

There's something weird about Emails (whether gmail push or through the mail client) when it comes to attachments.

I noticed that there are some file attachments that I get through gmail that for whatever reason, I can't download. But if I forward the email to my other email address (accessed through the mail client app), I'm able to download or save without any issues.

I notice this mostly with mp3's.

Upvote 0
Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a question.

If I wanted to present w/docs to go....would the "transitions/animations" work properly? I have the free version and the entire slide pops up at once instead of "clicking". I'd like to know if paid would solve this or maybe another app would?

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones