1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Need to know

1. Jon Davis

Jon Davis Well-Known Member

What is the general understanding of the following specs on the gn 3?
    1. Will the screen be higher resolution than the gn 2?
    2. Will the battery be changeable?
    3. SD slot?

Many thanks for any thoughts on these points?
    I am aware that no one knows for sure.

The big decision for me is the changeable battery. My current droid Razrs battery is failing rapidly after little more than 18 months. I am upgrading to the gn 3 very soon.

Advertisement
  2. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

1) According to rumored specs, yes (and I couldn't see them not going with a 1080p resolution)
    2) According to rumors, yes (and I don't see them changing to a non-removable, based on the fact that the S4 is still non-removable battery).
    3) According to rumors, yes (and from my conversations with Samsung Experience employees at the Best Buy, I don't believe Samsung will move away from that form factor anytime soon...of course, proof will always be in the pudding).

Nothing has been absolutely 100% definitive, but 9/4 is only 2 weeks away, so it won't be long until there's confirmation.

If you take a read through some of the other threads in this forum, I'm sure you'll find a wealth of compiled rumors that are pointing in specific directions for the hardware. My favorite rumor is the talk of the 16gb version going away, so the minimum internal storage will supposedly be 32gb. That has already gotten my attention for a potential upgrade (even though I figured I'd have no problem sticking with the Note 2 for at least 2 years).
  3. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

I think after the recent slattings that sammy recieved on 16gb devices having less than half this capacity usable, 32gb is a good move as a minimum!
  4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator