• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need to restore contacts on a dead phone

akleo78

Lurker
Sep 21, 2010
My aunt's Epic is not booting and she has reached out to me for help. She never exported her contacts to her SD card and she does not remember her gmail password either. We have taken her phone to Sprint store and they said the only thing they can do is reset the phone to factory condition which will erase all data. When I start the phone, the phone displays the Sprint logo then it dies and starts all over again. I can get the phone to go to download mode, but I don't want to rest the phone. Is there a way to get her contacts out of the phone? She has like 400 contacts.

Unless she saved them to her phone specifically they will be saved to her gmail account. There should be a way to reset her account, ihavent had to do that before and am on my phone so i cant link anything for you. But as far as getting them off her phone, if she has them on her sd card with an app then pull the card out and put it in a card adapter/reader and check it out on a computer. Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones