Need to return my Droid X, whats the best route?Support

Last Updated:

1. Xelios

Xelios Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I'm gonna have to return it. Don't worry, I'll still be getting another :D

My battery life hasn't been as great as everybody mentioned, my phone suffers from random reboots (nothing helped, i tried it all), and now I noticed my camera has 4 stuck pixels. Not so bad in Camera mode, but a lot more prominent in Camcorder mode.

So how should I do it? I purchased it in store at a VZW. So am I restricted just to that, or can I call VZW? Which route would be better? Anything I should know about beforehand?

Advertisement
  2. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

did you purchase it at a corporate store or a retailer? if it was a corporate store you can return it at any other corp. store, if purchased at a retailer you have to bring it back to that store. id recommend calling ahead to make sure they have a droid X to swap it with. make sure you have the phone all accesories and stuff with it. thats about all I can think of.

Xelios likes this.
  3. Xelios

Yeah I purchased it at a corporate store. So any other corporate store? Thats good to know, thanks.

Also I mailed in my rebate so I had to cut the UPC out of the box. That won't hinder anything, will it?

4. Der Juicen

Der Juicen Well-Known Member

call customer support and get it set up. when they send you a new phone it will also have a return shipping label for your old phone. easiest route

Xelios likes this.
  5. Xelios

Wouldnt there be a good chance I'd get a refurbished one though?

EDIT: Went to the corporate store. They looked at the stuck pixel issue and immediately sent me to sales. I'll have a new Droid X on Thursday. Thanks for the help guys.

6. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

thats the one benefit of corporate stores over us retailers, we cant be so easy on our returns :(