Need to return my phone do i have to un-Root?

Last Updated:

1. David9799

David9799 Member This Topic's Starter

My phone keeps shuting off and its getting old but my gps seems to work fine. I rooted the phone and removed atts bloatware, i need to return it for another captivate.

How do i get atts bloatware back or does it even matter?

Advertisement
  2. sparker366

sparker366 Well-Known Member

You need to use this to return to stock. Put in download mode run it with the phone at the home screen and in download mode connect the cable make sure it reports a com port and then hit master clear to clear everything then when that is done. Remove the cable then turn the phone off. Hold the volume buttons then plug the cable in and it should go into download mode then hit start to flash back to stock. If that doesn't work to get into download mode then you can put the phone in download mode then use adb to put it in download mode or you can try what works for you

3. David9799

David9799 Member This Topic's Starter

Will this also put atts bloatware back on the phone? Would they even say anything if they noticed?

Thanks

4. sparker366

sparker366 Well-Known Member

There won't be anything they can say. it will be just like you bought it that day and did notihng.

5. chasesavestheday

chasesavestheday New Member

i need to return mine due to shutdowns. what if i do not have the receipt but i have all original box's. phone was a gift, and the purchaser doesn't have the receipt?!

6. Rhiannon224

Rhiannon224 Well-Known Member

No receipt, I don't think AT&T will swap it. Also, you only have 30 days to return it in store, however, you have a one year warranty and they will send you a referb or new phone. Call AT&T and they usually ship them right away. This method puts all the bloatware back, no one will ever know you rooted.