Need to take phone to tech support, how do I clear it?General

Last Updated:

1. hklevi

hklevi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have the OTA update and have had several issues that through this forum I've tried to correct but it just keeps getting more frustrating every day. I was on vacation and was using it as an alarm only to find that if you don't turn off and on the alarm every day, it won't work (and I had it set to S-S). I miss calls all the time, all over town, going straight to voice mail. The dialer lags all the time (except when I accidentally hit the wrong number, then it works like a champ :rolleyes:). My voice mail programed pin hesitates every time, not like the lighting speed it used to run on 1.5; so much so I'm not sure it will go through sometimes. My email notifications stutter or doubles for the same email. The phone gets very warm when I haven't used it for several hours and within a good cell signal area so I know it shouldn't be working to get a signal.

With all that said, I really liked the phone on 1.5 and would kill to get it back to that but I don't see that as a viable solution. I stopped into one of the local stores and told the guy I wanted my phone to work like it used to lol. He said I needed to take it to one of the tech support shops and be prepared to leave it for several hours for it to be checked.

So here is my question (finally). I want to take it to the shop in case it is a bad handset but I need to clear the phone of sensitive information first.
    I get all my work emails on my phone, many of them sensitive information, along with web site access to my company's internal system. I need to make sure that all that information is cleared from the phone before I take it in.
    A step by step would be greatly appreciated.:)

Advertisement
  2. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset. And remove your card or format it (after backing it up) if you will be handing it over.

bberryhill0 likes this.
  3. hklevi

hklevi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can I pull the card and keep it out while they work on it?

Thank you for the reply!

4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

Ask the tech shop. They may whine that they can't test/fix the phone without the card.

5. NAA_Silent

NAA_Silent Active Member

Buy a second card, and install that one into the phone before sending it for repairs? That way you can keep your original card home and safe.