Need to upgrade to 4.4

1. SubaruB4

SubaruB4 Well-Known Member

I'm still running 4.2.2 and my google wallet keeps saying tap & pay will not work after April 14th so I need to upgrade to 4.2 which I think is kitkat, Since I'm rooted on the stock rom what do I need to do in order to upgrade to 4.4?

Advertisement
  2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member

Wow you need to unroot to get that update of 4.4. That's kitkat 4.4 .... The 4.2.2 is jb.so unroot update . problem you may not be able to root and may can
  3. SubaruB4

Yeah but if I unroot will the update OTA happen right away or do I need to force it or anything?

Also after updating to 4.4 I switch back to the rom I had before? If that's the case why not just switch roms which have 4.4 included?
  4. BRAINZ2013

When you unroot and do a factory data wipe it should be soon after that the update would be downloaded . now if the root works you are good the only thing is you are at 4.2.2 . that ROM you are running would be old I would say get something new . but your biggest thing is if root is available for your device .
  5. SubaruB4

Wait let me understand something first..

Now you are saying unroot.. but why can't I just flash a new rom that has 4.2 with it?
  6. BRAINZ2013

I think you asked how or why you didn't get the new update . as long as you stay rooted your device will not receive a update . if you want to receive a official kitkat from your carrier you would need to unroot . remember that this is a official kitkat not a custom rom .
  7. SubaruB4

I ended up changing the rom as well.. so far I like it kitkat is nice for the fact that i don't need to do a few things to search.

I was not expecting it to keep my same wallpaper I had before I changed the rom which was a nice touch.