Need to warranty a debranded phone

Last Updated:

1. Kano

Kano New Member This Topic's Starter

I've debranded my Orange desire and it appears the GPS is poked, everything else is fine. I've used to totally different roms and it's not playing ball. I'm thinking it's hardware rather than software.

The phone came with Orange Care so I could warranty it, I'm guessing as it's debranded they'll tell me to jog on. When I've swapped a faulty phone with them before a courier came with a new phone, I kept the sim, cover, battery and SD card, would they check it's been debranded or do they just flash them and use them as warranty swap outs or would it be best if it "fell into the sink" and got ruined?

Advertisement
  2. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

would be best in this situation i would imagine ;-)

3. junkiepilot

junkiepilot Well-Known Member

Just flash an official Orange RUU...[edit]. i had a look around, and couldn't find any, kitchen sink may be a good option!

4. Kano

Kano New Member This Topic's Starter

I've never found an official Orange RUU (O2, Virgin, Vodafone & TMobile but not Orange). If anyone knows about one can they post a link?

5. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

1) they'd know you hadn't dropped it in the sink because the water damage tell tales wouldn't have activated.

1) water damage isn't generally covered by warranty.

6. Jhaeh

Jhaeh Well-Known Member

Orange can be real bastards about what's covered and what isn't. They won't class a phone as being stolen unless it's pulled from your own fingers for example. I'd be careful if I were you.

7. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Good one is slipped out of your hand & went down a drain, or kids knocked oyer a a glass of coke on the table & it went all over your phone.
    Better still if the phone happens to be in say an empty fruit bowl when it happens.
    Coke bath destroys the circuits & is impossible to repair.

8. simonc

simonc Active Member

or..

Its been lost or stolen from your jacket pocket in which case report it to the police incident desk and they will give you a case number which you give to Orange who replace your handset.