• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need to WIFI Tether 3g/4g within 2 weeks

30 bucks is insane.. Especially when they are already charging 10 bucks extra for the Evo.

Yet, other companies are charging even more for their plans and even cap their data, even with Sprint's $10 additional fee. Furthermore, the Evo is a data-heavy device. I used around 8GB in my first month, not even including data used via my hotspot feature. If AT&T charged $10 extra for their iPhone, perhaps they wouldn't have so many problems with dropped calls and speed.

For $30, you have total unlimited 3g and 4g data streaming for up to eight devices at once. How is this "insane"?

Furthermore, no one held a gun to your head when you signed your contract. If you truly thought the contract was "insane", why did you agree to it in the first place?

What is your thought processes on this? That people should enter into contracts which are "insane", with the intent to break them as long as the other party doesn't catch wise? What would you think if the other party operated in a similar manner to you? Would that be unfair of them?

What are your religious beliefs? In a general sense, what is your socio-economic level? (poor, welfare recipient, lower middle-class, middle-class, upper middle class, or rich?)

Upvote 0
Wow, the number of people here who would rather break a contract instead of paying $30 astounds me.

What kind of ethics/morality do you subscribe to?
I'm really curious. Are you guys advocating breaking a written contract religious? Atheist? I wonder about your socio-economic demographics.

We are all anarchist pagans that want our movies from Bit Torrent.

Upvote 0
What are your religious beliefs? In a general sense, what is your socio-economic level? (poor, welfare recipient, lower middle-class, middle-class, upper middle class, or rich?)

Jesus what rock did you crawl out from under. Why are you even asking questions like that on this forum. I guess in your world saving money by any means necessary is akin to being the devils pet. Get off your high horse before you hurt yourself.

Upvote 0
Jesus what rock did you crawl out from under. Why are you even asking questions like that on this forum. I guess in your world saving money by any means necessary is akin to being the devils pet. Get off your high horse before you hurt yourself.

Where in this thread did I say I was any better than those choosing to break the contracts? Don't put words in my mouth.

I'm asking survey questions like I did cause I'm interested in geeky things like moral reasoning.

For example, it seems, from your comment, that saving money (regardless of the amount) is more important than keeping one's word. I am interested in where that morality stems from. If you read closely, I am not condemning it in this thread, I've just got a weird sense of curiosity.

Upvote 0
Why pay for something when I can get it free via root.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
I guess my line of thinking is that cause you signed a written contract to not share internet without using an add-on option from Sprint. When you do so, you are breaking your word.

Now, if you value saving money over integrity, that's your choice. I'm just interested in the moral arguments/justifications.

Upvote 0
I remember a quote from someone at sprint saying that the $30 hotspot was supported, but other methods of tethering, while unsupported, would not be blocked.

Personally, I feel that this is like hooking up a wifi router to your home cable connection. I'm sure they'd be glad to sell you additional modems or their own wifi router, but I'm not going to pay for that when I'm just sharing the same internet that I'm already paying for to devices that I own.

Upvote 0
I remember a quote from someone at sprint saying that the $30 hotspot was supported, but other methods of tethering, while unsupported, would not be blocked.

Personally, I feel that this is like hooking up a wifi router to your home cable connection. I'm sure they'd be glad to sell you additional modems or their own wifi router, but I'm not going to pay for that when I'm just sharing the same internet that I'm already paying for to devices that I own.

Except hooking up a wifi router to your home connection doesn't breach a legally binding contract =P

Upvote 0
Except hooking up a wifi router to your home connection doesn't breach a legally binding contract =P

Does anybody else remember this? Am I just going crazy?

Upvote 0
Does anybody else remember this? Am I just going crazy?

It has been discussed in a few different places but I haven't seen where sprint says definitivley if it breaks the contract or not, just that there will be 3rd party apps that can do it and they are not "bullet proof"

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/85263-anyone-evo-try-tethering-vita-pdanet-2.html

Stores open early June 4th for EVO 4G with mobile hotspot loophole -- Engadgethttp://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/85263-anyone-evo-try-tethering-vita-pdanet-2.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones