Need tutorial to restore Note 3 to stock from leaked 4.4.2 root

1. ShanDroyd

ShanDroyd Well-Known Member

Issue resolved

I need to take my phone into VZW for warranty reasons:mad:. I used the leaked 4.4.2 rooted update. I did a pretty heavy debloat on the phone. I have the "Unlocked" logo when I power up the phone. I can not get Kies 3 or the VZW repair assistant to restore the phone.
    :confused:
    any suggestions or guides?:confused:

Thanks!

Update:

Resolved. used Odin to install older firmware. all is good!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

1) If you just want to get rid of the lock notification, you can use Xposed. The Wanam module can change the phone to "official".

2) Look in the Verizon Note 3 section on XDA. I know there's a thread on restoring the AT&T version to stock 4.3 - there may be one for the Verizon version as well.

At that point you may or may not want to run the phone connected to the network before you bring it in. If you do, it will almost immediately try to install 4.4.2 (which I wouldn't let near any of my phones). You'll almost certainly get back a 4.4.2 phone, though. (And there's no way to go back from the official 4.4.2 to 4.3.)
  3. ShanDroyd

ShanDroyd Well-Known Member

So I got my phone replaced, and was stuck with a refurbished phone with stock 4.4.2 installed. any way to root?
  4. darkcyber

darkcyber Well-Known Member

No root available for stock VZW 4.4.2 :mad:
  5. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

The only way to fix this might be just what you did by trying to restore the old firmware using Odin, I don't even know if this will be a 100% fix