Need walkthrough to reinstall GTalk (Google Talk) -getting the com.process.google.gapps FC errorSupport

Last Updated:

1. vancouverguy

vancouverguy Member This Topic's Starter

Hello there,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S captivate (android 2.1) and I'm getting the com.process.google.gapps force close error. From looking on forums it appears it's because I mistakenly deleted the GTalk (Google Talk app). I'm trying to reinstall it but can't find the apk files for it and probably shouldn't tinker with it much more.

Can someone here help me with solving the force close error, probably starting with a walk through on where to download the GTalk files for the captivate and what I need to reinstall it?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

And this is why you're told to not delete the stock apps. You can try disabling them if you like... but many are intertwined with other functions on the phone and there are interdependencies that are hard to predict. Using the "freeze" method allows you to undo it if something goes wrong.

More info, as well as the original apks, can be found at the Captivate FAQ... which you should always check first. It would've saved you from deleting them in the first place:

Uninstalling stock apps - CapFAQ

3. vancouverguy

vancouverguy Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there,

Thanks for the link. I did download the zip files for the Captivate but it only contains the APK's for the AT&T Bloatware. Any idea where I can find the Android APK's?

Maybe I'll have to reflash to ROM....don't wanna...