Need Your Help Testing. Does anyone own an unlocked captivate, and also has access to a T-mobile simSupport

Last Updated:

1. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

If any of you own an unclocked captivate, and also have a T-mobile phone, and you don't mind testing let me know. I want to confirm my fix, that popping in an active T-mobile sim card with data plan, will allow an unlocked Captivate to get a 3G signal.

No software or root required, it is actually very easy.

If you are willing to volunteer, let me know, thanks.

Advertisement
  2. binxer

binxer Member

It will not work. The Captivate only has 3G bands of 850 and 1900. Tmobile 3G bands are 1700/2100. Look up the FCC records of the Captivate.

You may be thinking it may work because the Vibrant has 1900 bands (which allows AT&T 3G in some areas), but it's already been shown the Captivate cannot work on Tmobile 3G.

3. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so even if you set the captivate to 1700 and 2100 it wont pick it up, did you try going into the phone and setting the captivate to these bands?

4. binxer

binxer Member

The Captivate does not have those bands. If you look in the FCC records, 1700/2100 bands are not on there. It's impossible for the Captivate to use Tmobile 3G.

Trust me, it won't work.

5. gourisha

gourisha New Member

I have a rooted unlocked captivate and wanted to move to Tmobile but 3G did not work, it was all the time on Edge, I went to to Tmobilestore and they have confirmed that it won't work on Tmobile 3G. So I am back with AT&T rip off masters again. AT&T has charged me for $30 data plan for my wifes phone for 5 mos without informing me I am ready to file a law suite for their unfair trade practices. Anybody interested in joining the war on the Trojans of the 20th century :)

6. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Thread moved.