NEEDED: human sized htc hero keyboard

Last Updated:

1. Raindroid

Raindroid Member This Topic's Starter

i HATE the keyboard that comes with the hero.

I love this phone, but i am used to windows mobile htc touch pro where i could use my finger nails to type. now ive got the hero and everytime i try to send a short txt msg, it takes like 5 minutes to type.

ive googled all over the place and no luck. anyone??? please??? i need wide keys or something.

Advertisement
  2. Wufei

Wufei Member

Better Keyboard on the market. With paid apps, you can try it out and return it w/in the first 24 hours.

3. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

Give it some time to get used to it. I am 6'5" and have very large hands, it took a few days, but I started getting the hang of it and am almost as quick as I was with my Touch Pro now.

If it can work for a Sasquatch like myself, it should work for anybody...:D

4. djkleric

djkleric Well-Known Member

Have you callabrated your keyboard? That helps alot

5. mich0020

mich0020 Well-Known Member

Check out the compact qwerty keyboard built into the phone. So much easier to use!!

6. romeosidvicious

romeosidvicious Well-Known Member

The keyboard in portrait mode took some getting used to for me as I don't have small hands but it works great now. You can't use fingernails on the Hero and you'll be getting used to that so that adds to the learning curve. You also need to calibrate it more than once. I think I have done it four times on this ROM and it got a little better each time. I doubt it's learning so to speak but it seems to have helped. I am not a little dude by any stretch so it's not an issue of finger size. It just takes getting used it. It takes a bit but it's really not that bad.

7. Redgrrl

Redgrrl Member

How does one re-calibrate the keyboard and where is the 'compact' qwerty keyboard that i could exchange? i have small hands and fingers and this keyboard is driving me crazy. it takes FOREVER to type anything. i am coming from a long line of Palm Treo phones and this phone is both wonderful and the devil!!!

8. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Menu - settings - locale and text - touch input

Keyboard types changes it to a different keyboard type (such as t9, compact qwerty...)

Otherwise continue by pressing text input - calibration tool

Redgrrl - responded to your PM btw

9. mich0020

A quicker way to get to the compact qwerty is by pressing the "flower" button on the lower left hand side of the keyboard. Takes you right to the menu where you can change the keyboard type. That keyboard with predictive text rocks!! I can go so much faster on that keyboard and the only time I have to slow down is when Im in "search" mode and there is no predictive text. In that case it gives you the option to double press to get to the next letter. For me, the bigger keys more than make up for the times I have to double press.

10. AmericanHero

AmericanHero Well-Known Member

I think that is a "gear" not a flower. :)

11. mich0020

yeah, yeah, you're right....it's a gear (but it still looks like a flower to ME......) :)

12. BOO5TED

BOO5TED Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

LOL

13. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Don't know why but the compact keyboard is easier to type on then the landscape keyboard..

14. mich0020

15. turbobull

turbobull New Member

I agree. Is it possible that this is because you cant calibrate the keyboard in landscape mode? If not how do you calibrate the keyboard in landscape mode?